Job Title: Banquet Captain
Job Type: Full-time
Reports to: Clubhouse Manager & Banquet Manager
Location: 800 Bentwater Drive, Montgomery, TX 77356
Job Summary: The Banquet Captain requires good interpersonal skills, the ability to work in a team environment, and interact with members and guests. The Banquet Captain is in charge of all banquet/event setup and tear down and must execute events and directing staff for events.
- Instruct staff on expectations and responsibilities for each event.
- Work with F&B Managers to insure that the event is run properly.
- Keep all banquet equipment and supplies in working order and maintain storage room in an orderly fashion.
- Inventory and order supplies with Service Captains for upcoming events.
- Plan ahead according to Catering schedule for extra equipment rentals or purchases.
- Perform opening and closing side work as needed and direct staff to do the same.
- Complete all required set-up and break-down duties in accordance with BEO.
- Greet members and guests and provide them with the highest quality of service in a friendly manner.
- Expedite all ordered menu items in the kitchen and ensure they go out correctly: complete all food and beverage checks as they are paid.
- Monitor and record all voids, deletions, and discounts or comps with a supervisor/manager's signature.
- Adhere to all company cash handling procedures and comply with the company's service standards.
- Protect establishment and guests by adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage control policies.
- Be extremely courteous, cordial, and respectful to members, guests and co-workers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to set up and work sound system, projectors and all restaurant equipment
- Must be personable, outgoing, and good with people
- Must be reliable and maintain flexible availability which will include working weekends, double shifts, and holidays.
- Be flexible and able to think on your feet.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Some banquet experience preferred
- On the job training provided upon employment
- TABC (Texas Alcohol Beverage Commission) certification required 90 days from start date
While performing duties of this job, employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach within hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The Food & Beverage Department at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club is the heart & soul of dining & social activity within the Bentwater community. Along with other primary areas of the Club, the Food & Beverage Department facilitates and promotes the "sense of community" that all Bentwater members are invited to participate in. From daily restaurant operations, to weekly dining & social gatherings, to large annual signature events, to special event catering, the Food & Beverage Department hosts & facilitates all aspects of the Club's dining & social operations and programming.
The Culinary Team, at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club, is led by Certified Master Chef, Olivier Andreini. Employment positions within the Food & Beverage Department's Culinary Team offer the rare opportunity to work and learn under a Certified Master Chef, one of only 68 in the United States.
Providing unparalleled service to our members & guests is both the driving philosophy and defining characteristic for Food & Beverage team members. Comprised of both "front-of-house" and "back-of-house" positions, F&B Team members work in unison with one another to meet and exceed the customer's service expectations. By applying the principles of trust, honesty, respect, integrity and commitment, the Team nurtures and maximizes talent to the benefit of each individual and the company.
Bentwater Yacht & Country Club is always looking for highly motivated individuals with experience working in fast paced, quality driven environments and capable of working within a team that reflects the Club's philosophy of unrivaled customer service.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (for full-time employees)
- Paid sick time (for full-time employees)
- Paid vacation time (for full-time employees)
- Paid holidays
- 401k Retirement plan