Job Title: Dock Hand
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Rate: $10.50/hourly-$12.00/hourly
Location: 800 Bentwater Drive, Montgomery, TX, 77356
How to apply: Please fill out an application at www.bentwater.com/careers .
Job Summary: The Dock Hand is responsible for the ultimate need of the member in regard to marina services. The Dock Hand should ensure the needs of the member and/or guest are met by taking care of member's needs / boat detailing, jumping batteries, in and out of slips. Overall / member service / re-fuel boats. The Dock Hand assists in selling merchandise and is responsible for the overall cleanliness and maintenance of the Marina
- Boat detailing – includes cleaning members boats from top to bottom, vacuuming, washing windows.
- General boat maintenance for members.
- Daily dock cleaning that includes ridding the dock of spider webs and cleaning members dock boxes for insects.
- Fuel up member's boats and jet skis by securing to docks and slips.
- Pump out – if members have restrooms on boats, clean out.
- Daily opening and closing of the "Ship Store".
- Utilize "point of sale" system to charge for gas, sales, etc.
- Utilization of power tools for dock and boat maintenance.
- Clear communication to all members/customers/internal employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of boating safety
- Ability to operate a golf cart
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed
- Ability to process information/merchandise through register system
- Ability to communicate with associates and customers
- Ability to read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job (Power tools)
- Ability to work under limited supervision
- Ability to multi-task
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma preferred but not required
- CPR certification preferred
- Some experience a plus, but will train upon employment
While performing duties of this job, employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach within hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (for full-time employees)
- Paid sick time (for full-time employees)
- Paid vacation time (for full-time employees)
- Paid holidays
- 401k Retirement plan
If you would like to apply for this position, please click here.