Job Title: Bartender
Job Type: Full-time & Part-time
Pay Rate: $6.00/hourly plus tips
Reports to: F&B Managers
Location: 800 Bentwater Drive, Montgomery, TX 77356
Job Summary: The Bartender is responsible for filling drink orders for guests, answering questions about drink ingredients, full menu knowledge, and making suggestions for different types of beverages and cocktails.
- Greet members and guests and provide with the highest quality of service in a friendly manner.
- Ensure that alcoholic beverages are not dispensed to people under the age of 21.
- Handle payments while adhering to all cash procedures.
- Maintain beverage quality with use of jiggers and service standards for location.
- Maintain accurate cash drawer throughout the day/night and be accountable for any discrepancies.
- Develop an efficient work pace that keeps the guests at the bar and in the dining room satisfied at all times; maintain effective member relations.
- Perform bar opening and closure procedures; contribute to overall cleanliness and organization of the club.
- Log suggestions or special requests and report complaints to F&B Managers.
- Protect establishment and guest by adhering to company standards.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills are required.
- Have supplemental wine and menu knowledge.
- Must be reliable and maintain flexible availability which will include working weekends, double shifts, and holidays.
- Have a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Have ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be well-organized with ability to take and place food and beverage orders accurately.
- Have ability to work in a team and a fast-paced environment.
Education and Experience:
- 1-2 years of bartending experience required.
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Must be at least 18 years old (at least 21 years old to service alcoholic beverages).
- Must have or be able to complete TABC (Texas Alcohol Beverage Commission) certification within 30 days of start date.
- Food Handler's certificate in accordance with Texas requirements is required.
While performing duties of this job, employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach within hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The Food & Beverage Department at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club is the heart & soul of dining & social activity within the Bentwater community. Along with other primary areas of the Club, the Food & Beverage Department facilitates and promotes the "sense of community" that all Bentwater members are invited to participate in. From daily restaurant operations, to weekly dining & social gatherings, to large annual signature events, to special event catering, the Food & Beverage Department hosts & facilitates all aspects of the Club's dining & social operations and programming.
The Culinary Team, at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club, is led by Certified Master Chef, Olivier Andreini. Employment positions within the Food & Beverage Department's Culinary Team offer the rare opportunity to work and learn under a Certified Master Chef, one of only 68 in the United States.
Providing unparalleled service to our members & guests is both the driving philosophy and defining characteristic for Food & Beverage team members. Comprised of both "front-of-house" and "back-of-house" positions, F&B Team members work in unison with one another to meet and exceed the customer's service expectations. By applying the principles of trust, honesty, respect, integrity and commitment, the Team nurtures and maximizes talent to the benefit of each individual and the company.
Bentwater Yacht & Country Club is always looking for highly motivated individuals with experience working in fast paced, quality driven environments and capable of working within a team that reflects the Club's philosophy of unrivaled customer service.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (for full-time employees)
- Paid sick time (for full-time employees)
- Paid vacation time (for full-time employees)
- Paid holidays (for full-time employees)
- 401k Retirement plan