Pay Rate: $4.00/hr plus tips
Summary of Job: The Server reports to the Service Manager and is responsible for providing prompt and efficient food service according to Bentwater Yacht & Country Club standards.
Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Above 18 years of age
- Prior restaurant experience preferred, but not required
- On the job training provided upon employment
- TABC (Texas Alcohol Beverage Commission) certification must be completed within 30 days of start date
- Reliable, willingness to learn-good attitude with people.
- Personable/outgoing, good with people
- Greet Members and guests and provide with the highest quality of service in a friendly manner
- Complete all required set-up and break-down duties in accordance with set standards
- Responsible for detail of your section of dining room, table properly set, salt and pepper and sugar caddies are clean and full
- Expedite all ordered menu items in the kitchen and ensure they go out correctly
- Check bulletin board for any messages or special information
- Adhere to all company cash handling procedures
- Close out all food and beverage checks as they are paid
- Prepare all daily reports for all food and beverage sales
- Monitor and record all voids, deletions, and discounts or comps with a supervisor/managerís signature
- Maintain and present a high degree of personal cleanliness at all times
- Adhere to company safety guidelines
- Fulfill any additional request made by supervisor/manager in regards to your position
- Arrive at scheduled times, neat, alert and in full uniform.
- Provide excellent customer service, take orders, and promptly deliver food to guests.
- Stay updated on current menu choices, specialties and menu deviations.
- Work closely with other wait staff and the kitchen to ensure the restaurant is operated efficiently.
- Prepare room for dining by clothing tables and setting decorations, condiments, candles, napkins, service plates and utensils
- Protect establishment and guest by adhering to sanitation, safety and alcohol beverage control policies
- Keep kitchen staff informed by noting timing of meal progression
- Maintain table setting by removing courses as completed; replenishing utensils; refilling water glasses; being alert to patron spills or other special needs
- Be extremely courteous, cordial and polite to the members, guests and co-workers.
- Maintain flexible availability which may include working weekends, double shifts and holidays
- Ability to lift over 25 pounds