Job Title: Server
Job Type: Full-time/Part-time
Pay Rate: $4.00 plus tips
Reports to: F&B Managers
Location: 800 Bentwater Drive, Montgomery, TX 77356
Job Summary: The Server is responsible for providing prompt and efficient food service to members and guests and will occasionally set up for banquets.
- Greet members and guests and provide them with the highest quality of service in a friendly manner.
- Complete all required set-up and break-down duties in accordance with set standards for al la carte, dining, and banquet service.
- Expedite all ordered menu items in the kitchen and ensure they go out correctly; complete all food and beverage checks as they are paid.
- Prepare all daily reports for all good and beverage sales.
- Monitor and record all voids, deletions, and discounts or comps with a supervisor/manager's signature.
- Adhere to all company cash handling procedures and comply with the company's service standards.
- Protect establishment and guests by adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage control policies.
- Be extremely courteous, cordial, and respectful to members, guests, and co-workers.
- Be able to successfully complete required service and menu assessment.
- Be reliable and maintain flexible availability which will include working weekends, double shifts, and holidays.
- Be accountable for wine, beverage, and menu knowledge
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Be well-organized with ability to take and place food and beverage orders accurately.
- Have ability to work in a team and a fast-paced environment.
- Have an outgoing and positive attitude.
- Be patient and problem solving oriented.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Up to 1 year of hospitality experience as a server is required.
- Must be at least 18 years old (at least 21 years old to service alcoholic beverages).
- TABC (Texas Alcohol Beverage Commission) and Food Handlers certification must be completed within 30 days from start date.
While performing duties of this job, employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach within hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The Food & Beverage Department at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club is the heart & soul of dining & social activity within the Bentwater community. Along with other primary areas of the Club, the Food & Beverage Department facilitates and promotes the "sense of community" that all Bentwater members are invited to participate in. From daily restaurant operations, to weekly dining & social gatherings, to large annual signature events, to special event catering, the Food & Beverage Department hosts & facilitates all aspects of the Club's dining & social operations and programming.
The Culinary Team, at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club, is led by Certified Master Chef, Olivier Andreini. Employment positions within the Food & Beverage Department's Culinary Team offer the rare opportunity to work and learn under a Certified Master Chef, one of only 68 in the United States.
Providing unparalleled service to our members & guests is both the driving philosophy and defining characteristic for Food & Beverage team members. Comprised of both "front-of-house" and "back-of-house" positions, F&B Team members work in unison with one another to meet and exceed the customer's service expectations. By applying the principles of trust, honesty, respect, integrity and commitment, the Team nurtures and maximizes talent to the benefit of each individual and the company.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (for full-time employees)
- Paid sick time (for full-time employees)
- Paid vacation time (for full-time employees)
- Paid holidays (for full-time employees)
- 401(k) Retirement plan