Pastry Chef (SAL)
Position: Pastry Chef
Summary of Job: The Culinary Team, at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club, is led by Certified Master Chef, Olivier Andreini. The Pastry Chef position offers the rare opportunity to work and learn, as protégé, under the direction of a Certified Master Chef, one of 68 in the United States. Responsibilities include preparing a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread etc. following traditional and modern recipes, creating new and exciting desserts to renew our menus and engage the interest of members, and decorating pastries using different icings, toppings etc. to ensure the presentation will be beautiful and exciting.
Experience and Education Qualifications
- High school diploma required.
- Associate’s degree in Pastry Arts or other culinary certification highly desired
- 2-3 years of kitchen experience required
- Culinary degree preferred
- Must be able to provide a portfolio of creative work for consideration
- Thrives in a fast paced environment
- Clear and effective communicator
- Extremely organized with a high attention to details in task delegation and kitchen station management
- Works exceptionally well under pressure
- Direct the creation and preparation of all pastry dishes and baked goods
- Adhere to set recipes and taste test for quality assurance
- Provide exquisite presentation and plating techniques
- Ensure all pastries are uniform and up to standard
- Source and select necessary pastry ingredients
- Perform quality checks of ingredients and throw out expired goods
- Organize and store needed tools and materials (food or otherwise)
- Demonstrate proficiency in creation of signature desserts and pastries
- Collaborate with Master Chef to create exciting new desserts that complement our menu
- Mange foods costs and inventory for pastry goods
- Stay current and informed of useful culinary trends
- Organize tastings to test out new dessert and bakery items
- Attend monthly P&L meetings
- Adhere to all sanitation, safety, and food preparation law
- Essential functions and other specific job duties are assigned and supervised by the Master Chef
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Required to stand for long periods of time; frequently walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear; occasionally sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.