Job Title: Marshall/Starter
Job Type: Part-time
Pay Rate: $8/hourly
Job Overview: The Starter reports to the Head Golf Professional and is responsible for the orderly and timely movement of tee times, controlling the pace of play, and enforcing the golf facility policies in addition to providing all members and guests high quality customer service and upholding the standards for which it's known.
- High School Diploma or GED, preferred
- Position can be trained on the job upon employment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, preferred.
- Knowledge of basic rules of golf etiquette.
- Ability to follow both oral & written instructions.
- Ability to report for work on time and perform the duties of the job for the scheduled workday
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in providing first-class service to Members and guests of Bentwater Yacht & Country Club.
- Understand and carry out the policies of Bentwater Yacht & Country Club and the Director of Golf.
- Responsible for pairing and starting groups off of the 1st tee and recording player's names, cart numbers and start time.
- Responsible for informing players of course conditions and local rules.
- Communicate and assist Golf Shop in keeping an up-to-date and accurate tee sheet.
- Communicate with Marshals on the course any potential pace of play problems.
- Responsible for maintaining a reasonable pace of play on the golf course.
- Responsible for informing and enforcing course rules.
- Communicate with Golf Course Starter and Golf Shop any pace of play problems.
- Assist Member Service Attendants as needed.
- Remain open and positive in communication with Members and guests at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club.
- Maintain a clean and neat appearance at all times while on duty and adhere to the dress codes presented by the Director of Golf.
- All other duties as directed by the Director of Golf, Head Professional and/or Member Services Supervisor.
Physical Requirements: While performing duties of this job , employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach within hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
About us: HOUSTON'S PREMIER, GATED, WATERFRONT, GOLF COMMUNITY. Ideally located along 12.5 miles of Lake Conroe shoreline, our 1,400-acre master-planned community offers one of the most uniquely beautiful backdrops for living in the Houston area. Perfectly positioned between two breathtaking, protected natural environments – the 22,000-acre Lake Conroe and the 160,000-acre Sam Houston National Forest, Bentwater offers a lifestyle that is both relaxed and vibrant. Residents enjoy a resort style life and the convenience of every "creature comfort" just minutes from Bentwater's 24-hour, manned entrance. Anchored by a stately Country Country that boasts 54-holes of championship golf, a 10,000 square foot Fitness Center, Day Spa, Racquet Club, Guest Villas, Yacht Club, Marina and the highly acclaimed, ultra private, all-green Grand Pines Golf Club. Residents and guests of Bentwater enjoy close proximately to world-class dining, shopping, entertainment, outdoor recreation, health care and one of the nation's busiest international travel hubs, Bush Intercontinental Airport. Bentwater's uniquely beautiful natural surroundings and exquisite offering of amenities have also established it as Lake Conroe's premier, waterfront wedding & special event venue