Junior Sous Chef (Part-time)
Position: Junior Sous Chef
Full-time/Part-time: Full-time or Part-time (am & pm shift available)
Summary of Job: The Culinary Team, at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club, is led by Certified Master Chef, Olivier Andreini. The Junior Sous Chef position offers the rare opportunity to work and learn, as protégé, under the direction of a Certified Master Chef, one of 68 in the United States. Responsibilities include ensuring kitchen safety, sanitation, food handling, and inventory management are executed & maintained at the highest standards. Essential functions and other specific job duties are assigned and supervised by the Sous Chef and Chef.
Experience and Education Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Cooking school is preferred
- Minimum 3 – 5 Years related experience
- Serve SAFE certified preferred
- Exhibits professional attitude toward superiors, colleagues and work
- Well organized, ability to work under pressure, good oral & verbal communication.
- Good people skills
- Culinary knowledge.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Arrive at scheduled times, neat, alert, and in full uniform
- Prepares all food to proper doneness and seasons correctly. Ensures that all special items, as directed by the Chef or Sous Chef, are produced in proper quantities so that time and materials are not wasted.
- Assists with preparation of other food products on serving line as needed.
- Properly assembles all tools and utensils needed to accomplish job duties.
- Exhibits ability to prioritize work and ensure immediate needs are met.
- Understands and shows commitment to teamwork, knowing when to ask or offer help to or from colleagues.
- Understands and follows proper sanitation practices.
- Keeps station and coolers clean and neat during shift and makes sure sanitation is clean and neat for oncoming shift.
- Exhibits and uses proper personal hygiene.
- Prepare items as assigned on daily production board.
- Return unused food products to proper storage areas.
- Keep walk-in cooler, shelf and reach-in cooler clean and organized at all times.
- Make sure all items are wrapped, dated, labeled and stored in proper fashion.
- Clean work station and equipment.
- Carefully follows standard recipes when pre-preparing and preparing all items.
- Has complete knowledge of all items on menu and daily specials, how to cook, plate presentations and portion size.
- Effectively communicates with Chef or Sous Chefs of expected product shortages.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Required to stand for long periods of time; frequently walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear; occasionally sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.