Job Title: Host/Hostess
Job Type: Part-Time
Pay Rate: $6.00 an hour plus allocation of 15% of tip pool to hours worked per bi-weekly period
Reports to: F&B Manager
The Host or Hostess is responsible for greeting and seating Members and guest in a prompt and courteous fashion. The Host or Hostess is also responsible for assisting the wait staff and or the bus person as needed.
- High school diploma or GED
- Above 18 years of age.
- Prior Restaurant experience preferred, but not required.
- On the job training provided upon employment.
- TABC (Texas Alcohol Beverage Commission) certification preferred
- Reliable, willingness to learn – good attitude with people.Personable / outgoing, good with people.
Essential Job Functions:
- Arrive at scheduled times, neat, alert, and in full uniform.
- Wipes down menu's to ensure clean presentation to Members and guests.
- Utilizes the paper cutter safely to prepare menus for service.
- Opens doors for all guests and greets according to BWYCC standards.
- Obtains guests names to retrieve reservation.
- Is visible at the hostess stand through dinner service unless otherwise instructed by manager.
- Assist wait or bus person as needed when busy
- Have thorough knowledge or the restaurant; including menu specials, desserts and any promotions or activities
- Answer telephone as well as taking reservations and messages according to company standards and policies.
- Identifies special requests from guests and notifies restaurant manager prior to guest arrival.
- Knowledgeable in Club practices such as table number and seat numbers to properly execute
- Seats all arriving guests.
- Performs assigned side work and cleaning duties as deemed necessary by restaurant manager.
- Insure alcoholic beverages do not enter or leave your restaurant by Members
- Assist wait or bus person as needed when busy, attentive to beverage needs and table turn over.
- Keep accurate records of guest checks, both issuing and receiving
- Log complaints (suggestions) and report them to supervisor
- Thanks Members and guests upon conclusion of the service as they leave the premises.
- Additional duties as assigned by the F&B Manager.
Physical Requirements: While performing duties of this job, employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach within hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
About us: HOUSTON'S PREMIER, GATED, WATERFRONT, GOLF COMMUNITY. Ideally located along 12.5 miles of Lake Conroe shoreline, our 1,400-acre master-planned community offers one of the most uniquely beautiful backdrops for living in the Houston area. Perfectly positioned between two breathtaking, protected natural environments – the 22,000-acre Lake Conroe and the 160,000-acre Sam Houston National Forest, Bentwater offers a lifestyle that is both relaxed and vibrant. Residents enjoy a resort style life and the convenience of every "creature comfort" just minutes from Bentwater's 24-hour, manned entrance. Anchored by a stately Country Country that boasts 54-holes of championship golf, a 10,000 square foot Fitness Center, Day Spa, Racquet Club, Guest Villas, Yacht Club, Marina and the highly acclaimed, ultra private, all-green Grand Pines Golf Club. Residents and guests of Bentwater enjoy close proximately to world-class dining, shopping, entertainment, outdoor recreation, health care and one of the nation's busiest international travel hubs, Bush Intercontinental Airport. Bentwater's uniquely beautiful natural surroundings and exquisite offering of amenities have also established it as Lake Conroe's premier, waterfront wedding & special event venue