Job Title: Host/Hostess
Job Type: Part-time
Pay Rate: $6.00 an hour plus allocation of 15% of tip pool to hours worked per bi-weekly period
Reports to: F&B Managers
Location: 800 Bentwater Drive, Montgomery, TX 77356
Job Summary: The Host or Hostess is responsible for greeting and seating Members and guest in a prompt and courteous fashion. The Host or Hostess is also responsible for assisting the service staff and maintaining the cleanliness of the dining room.
- Complete all required set-up and break-down duties in accordance with set standards for al la carte, dining, and banquet service.
- Wipe down menus to ensure clean presentation to members and guests; ensure adequate amount of menus at the beginning and ending of each shift.
- Open doors for all guests and greet with warm welcome and gracious goodbye.
- Be visible at the host/hostess stand through dinner service at all times unless otherwise instructed by an F&B Manager.
- Answer telephone to take reservations, write down and verify to-go orders, and take messages in accordance with company standards and policies.
- Seat all members and guests in a timely manner to a guest ready table.
- Log suggestions or special requests and report complaints to F&B Managers.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of dining room and host/hostess stand.
- Assist service staff as needed when busy.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills are required.
- Have thorough knowledge of the restaurant; including menu specials, desserts, and any promotions or activities.
- Have a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Have ability to work in a team and a fast-paced environment.
- Be patient and problem solving oriented.
- Be reliable and maintain flexible availability which will include working weekends, double shifts, and holidays.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Above 16 years of age.
- Hospitality experience highly preferred
- On the job training provided upon employment.
- TABC (Texas Alcohol Beverage Commission) and Food Handlers certification preferred
While performing duties of this job, employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach within hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The Food & Beverage Department at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club is the heart & soul of dining & social activity within the Bentwater community. Along with other primary areas of the Club, the Food & Beverage Department facilitates and promotes the "sense of community" that all Bentwater members are invited to participate in. From daily restaurant operations, to weekly dining & social gatherings, to large annual signature events, to special event catering, the Food & Beverage Department hosts & facilitates all aspects of the Club's dining & social operations and programming.
The Culinary Team, at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club, is led by Certified Master Chef, Olivier Andreini. Employment positions within the Food & Beverage Department's Culinary Team offer the rare opportunity to work and learn under a Certified Master Chef, one of only 68 in the United States.
Providing unparalleled service to our members & guests is both the driving philosophy and defining characteristic for Food & Beverage team members. Comprised of both "front-of-house" and "back-of-house" positions, F&B Team members work in unison with one another to meet and exceed the customer's service expectations. By applying the principles of trust, honesty, respect, integrity and commitment, the Team nurtures and maximizes talent to the benefit of each individual and the company.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (for full-time employees)
- Paid sick time (for full-time employees)
- Paid vacation time (for full-time employees)
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) Retirement plan