Job Title: Host/Hostess
Job Type: Full-time/Part-time
Pay Rate: $6.00 an hour plus allocation of 15% of tip pool to hours worked per bi-weekly period
Reports to: F&B Managers
The Host or Hostess is responsible for greeting and seating Members and guest in a prompt and courteous fashion. The Host or Hostess is also responsible for assisting the wait staff and or the bus person as needed.
- Arrive at scheduled times, neat, alert, and in full uniform.
- Wipes down menu's to ensure clean presentation to Members and guests.
- Utilizes the paper cutter safely to prepare menus for service.
- Opens doors for all guests and greets according to BWYCC standards.
- Obtains guests names to retrieve reservation.
- Make sure to be visible at the hostess stand through dinner service unless otherwise instructed by manager.
- Assist wait or bus person as needed when busy
- Have thorough knowledge or the restaurant; including menu specials, desserts and any promotions or activities
- Answer telephone as well as taking reservations and messages according to company standards and policies.
- Identifies special requests from guests and notifies restaurant manager prior to guest arrival.
- Knowledgeable in Club practices such as table number and seat numbers to properly execute
- Seats all arriving guests.
- Performs assigned side work and cleaning duties as deemed necessary by restaurant manager.
- Insure alcoholic beverages do not enter or leave your restaurant by Members
- Assist wait or bus person as needed when busy, attentive to beverage needs and table turn over.
- Keep accurate records of guest checks, both issuing and receiving
- Log complaints (suggestions) and report them to supervisor
- Thanks Members and guests upon conclusion of the service as they leave the premises.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must have a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Must be reliable and maintain flexible availability which may include working weekends, double shifts and holidays.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Above 18 years of age.
- Prior Restaurant experience preferred, but not required.
- On the job training provided upon employment.
- TABC (Texas Alcohol Beverage Commission) certification preferred
While performing duties of this job, employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach within hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (for full-time employees)
- Paid sick time (for full-time employees)
- Paid vacation time (for full-time employees)
- Paid holidays
- 401k Retirement plan
- Employee E-meal
How to apply: Please fill out an application at www.bentwater.com/careers .
Location: 800 Bentwater Drive, Montgomery, TX 77356