Job Title: Hair Stylist/Cosmetologist
Job Type: Full-time/Part-time (Commission + Tips+ Hourly)
Reports to: Director of Fitness & Spa
Job Overview: Hair Stylist/Cosmetologist reports to the Director of Fitness and perform hairstyling and cosmetology services for the members of Bentwater and their guests.
- High School Diploma or GED, some college preferred
- Texas Cosmetology Certification or License
- CPR, First Aid
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
Essential Job Functions:
- Be on time for your shift, prompt with each appointment and perform services within the appropriate time allotted for the service.
- Provide consistent professional consultations and applications in accordance with spa protocols.
- Prepares hair for styling and coloring by analyzing hair condition; shampooing and treating hair.
- Be flexible with your schedule, supporting the needs of the spa.
- Properly care for equipment and tools and use proper amounts of product to assist with cost controls.
- Have complete knowledge and understanding of all services and products while educating and training guests in these areas.
- Actively promote home care programs and products
- Uphold the standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law and the spa's policies and procedures.
- Perform prep work and properly clean and restock work area as required.
- Communicate to management any and all occurrences involving staff or guests in the spa that require attention.
- Actively promote the spa, treatments, services, sessions and retail, as well as programs, promotions and/or discounts available.
- Handle guests' questions and concerns professionally and courteously'
- Provide accurate, appropriate, and immediate responses to all requests by guests, ensuring complete guest satisfaction.
- Possess ability to work without direct supervision.
- Maintain a positive attitude and contribute toward a quality work environment.
- Regularly attend, participate in and support training and staff meetings for the spa.
- Assist in all areas of spa operation as requested by management.
Physical Requirements: While performing duties of this job , employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach within hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401k Retirement plan
- Employee E-meal
About us: HOUSTON'S PREMIER, GATED, WATERFRONT, GOLF COMMUNITY. Ideally located along 12.5 miles of Lake Conroe shoreline, our 1,400-acre master-planned community offers one of the most uniquely beautiful backdrops for living in the Houston area. Perfectly positioned between two breathtaking, protected natural environments – the 22,000-acre Lake Conroe and the 160,000-acre Sam Houston National Forest, Bentwater offers a lifestyle that is both relaxed and vibrant. Residents enjoy a resort style life and the convenience of every "creature comfort" just minutes from Bentwater's 24-hour, manned entrance. Anchored by a stately Country Country that boasts 54-holes of championship golf, a 10,000 square foot Fitness Center, Day Spa, Racquet Club, Guest Villas, Yacht Club, Marina and the highly acclaimed, ultra private, all-green Grand Pines Golf Club. Residents and guests of Bentwater enjoy close proximately to world-class dining, shopping, entertainment, outdoor recreation, health care and one of the nation's busiest international travel hubs, Bush Intercontinental Airport. Bentwater's uniquely beautiful natural surroundings and exquisite offering of amenities have also established it as Lake Conroe's premier, waterfront wedding & special event venue