Pay Rate: $11.25/hr
Summary of Job:
The groundsman, under supervision of the assistant superintendent or foreman, performs work involving the use of large equipment, including tractors, loaders, trenchers, backhoes, trucks and other maintenance equipment.
Experience and Education:
- Training provided upon employment.
- Knowledge of safe, efficient mechanical operation of tractors and other motorized equipment.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Will be trained in bunker maintenance, greens maintenance and general maintenance on the golf course.Duties will include trimming, mowing, blowing and drainage maintenance and general golf course maintenance duties.
- Performs other duties as directed by his/her supervisor.
- Be able to lift up to 50
- Work tasks are performed mainly outdoors and involve physical strength and endurance.Must be able to work in varying temperatures and inclement weather.
- Works with heavy equipment such as mowers, rollers, cutters and golf carts.
- Position requires walking and standing for long periods of time.Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuverer between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch frequently.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near and color vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Run weed eaters for extended periods of time
- Often must do manual labor such as raking and shoveling
- Handles potentially dangerous equipment such as trimmers, weed eaters, and mowers.