Job Title: Groundsman
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Rate: $11.25/hr
Reports to: Assistant Superintendent
The Groundsman performs work involving the use of large equipment, including tractors, loaders, trenchers, backhoes, trucks and other maintenance equipment.
- Training provided upon employment.
- Knowledge of safe, efficient mechanical operation of tractors and other motorized equipment.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Will be trained in bunker maintenance, greens maintenance and general maintenance on the golf course.Duties will include trimming, mowing, blowing and drainage maintenance and general golf course maintenance duties.
- Performs other duties as directed by his/her supervisor.
- Be able to lift up to 50
- Work tasks are performed mainly outdoors and involve physical strength and endurance.Must be able to work in varying temperatures and inclement weather.
- Works with heavy equipment such as mowers, rollers, cutters and golf carts.
- Position requires walking and standing for long periods of time.Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuverer between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch frequently.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near and color vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Run weed eaters for extended periods of time
- Often must do manual labor such as raking and shoveling
- Handles potentially dangerous equipment such as trimmers, weed eaters, and mowers.
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401k Retirement plan
- Employee E-meal
About us: HOUSTON'S PREMIER, GATED, WATERFRONT, GOLF COMMUNITY. Ideally located along 12.5 miles of Lake Conroe shoreline, our 1,400-acre master-planned community offers one of the most uniquely beautiful backdrops for living in the Houston area. Perfectly positioned between two breathtaking, protected natural environments – the 22,000-acre Lake Conroe and the 160,000-acre Sam Houston National Forest, Bentwater offers a lifestyle that is both relaxed and vibrant. Residents enjoy a resort style life and the convenience of every "creature comfort" just minutes from Bentwater's 24-hour, manned entrance. Anchored by a stately Country Country that boasts 54-holes of championship golf, a 10,000 square foot Fitness Center, Day Spa, Racquet Club, Guest Villas, Yacht Club, Marina and the highly acclaimed, ultra private, all-green Grand Pines Golf Club. Residents and guests of Bentwater enjoy close proximately to world-class dining, shopping, entertainment, outdoor recreation, health care and one of the nation's busiest international travel hubs, Bush Intercontinental Airport. Bentwater's uniquely beautiful natural surroundings and exquisite offering of amenities have also established it as Lake Conroe's premier, waterfront wedding & special event venue