Job Title: Groundskeeper Operator
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Rate: $11.25/hr
Reports to: Assistant Superintendent
The Groundskeeper Operator performs work involving the use of large equipment, including tractors, loaders, trenchers, backhoes, trucks and other maintenance equipment.
- Training provided upon employment.
- Knowledge of safe, efficient mechanical operation of tractors and other motorized equipment.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to follow oral directions
Essential Job Functions:
- Works on special golf course projects.
- Maintenance projects on golf courses.
- May operate smaller equipment or large equipment as directed by his/her supervisor.
- Ensures that the equipment cooling system is working at all times; refills fuel and oil daily; cleans equipment daily, and reports equipment problems or failures to Equipment Manager immediately.
- Provides basic preventive maintenance on equipment as directed by the equipment manager or assistant superintendent and for returning equipment to the designated location at the maintenance facility.
- Performs other duties as directed by his/her supervisor.
- Be able to lift up to 50
- Work tasks are performed mainly outdoors and involve physical strength and endurance.Must be able to work in varying temperatures and inclement weather.
- Works with heavy equipment such as mowers, rollers, cutters and golf carts.
- Position requires walking and standing for long periods of time.Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch frequently.
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401k Retirement plan
- Employee E-meal
About us: HOUSTON'S PREMIER, GATED, WATERFRONT, GOLF COMMUNITY. Ideally located along 12.5 miles of Lake Conroe shoreline, our 1,400-acre master-planned community offers one of the most uniquely beautiful backdrops for living in the Houston area. Perfectly positioned between two breathtaking, protected natural environments – the 22,000-acre Lake Conroe and the 160,000-acre Sam Houston National Forest, Bentwater offers a lifestyle that is both relaxed and vibrant. Residents enjoy a resort style life and the convenience of every "creature comfort" just minutes from Bentwater's 24-hour, manned entrance. Anchored by a stately Country Country that boasts 54-holes of championship golf, a 10,000 square foot Fitness Center, Day Spa, Racquet Club, Guest Villas, Yacht Club, Marina and the highly acclaimed, ultra private, all-green Grand Pines Golf Club. Residents and guests of Bentwater enjoy close proximately to world-class dining, shopping, entertainment, outdoor recreation, health care and one of the nation's busiest international travel hubs, Bush Intercontinental Airport. Bentwater's uniquely beautiful natural surroundings and exquisite offering of amenities have also established it as Lake Conroe's premier, waterfront wedding & special event venue