Groundskeeper Foreman (Full-time)
Position: Groundskeeper Foreman
Full time or Part time: Full-time
Pay Rate: $12.00 to $14.00 per hour (depending on experience)
Summary of Job:
The Groundskeeper Foreman, under supervision of the Director of Golf Course Maintenance and/or Superintendent, performs work involving the use of large equipment, including tractors, loaders, trenchers, backhoes, trucks and other maintenance equipment.
Experience and Education:
- High school diploma required
- Training provided upon employment
- Knowledge of safe, efficient mechanical operation of tractors and other motorized equipment.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to follow oral directions
- Basic comprehension of English language
- Works on special golf course projects.
- Maintenance projects on golf courses.
- May operate smaller equipment or large equipment as directed by his/her supervisor.
- Ensures that the equipment cooling system is working at all times; refills fuel and oil daily; cleans equipment daily, and reports equipment problems or failures to Equipment Manager immediately.
- Provides basic preventive maintenance on equipment as directed by the equipment manager or superintendent and for returning equipment to the designated location at the maintenance facility.
- Assists with all cultural operations on golf courses.
- Performs other duties as directed by his/her supervisor.
- Be able to lift up to 50
- Work tasks are performed mainly outdoors and involve physical strength and endurance.Must be able to work in varying temperatures and inclement weather.
- Works with heavy equipment such as mowers, rollers, cutters and golf carts.
- Position requires walking and standing for long periods of time.Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch frequently.