General Maintenance Technician
Job Title: General Maintenance Technician
Job Type: Full-Time
Reports to: Director of Maintenance
Job Overview: The General Maintenance Technician reports to the Director of Maintenance and is responsible for the overall general maintenance of all Bentwater Yacht & Country Club property.
- EPA Certification
- Minimum three (3) years in general maintenance preferred.
- Full understanding of basic plumbing, HVAC and basic electrical knowledge.
Essential Job Functions:
- HVAC: Repair and/or replacing condensing units, Air Handler, and heat packs. Basic understanding of circuitry, operation of Freon gauges.
- Glazier: Removes broken glass, putty or plastic; replaces windows and door hardware; replaces or arranges for replacement of glass for windows, doors, and light fixtures.
- Electrical: Performs basic electrical installation and repair work in wiring for switches, outlets, plugs, cables, power circuits and appliances; repairs lighting systems; inspects electrical systems for unsafe conditions.
- Plumbing/Painting: Identifies and performs basic repairs of plumbing leaks or breaks; opens clogged lines and drains; replaces washers and other minor parts; maintains and monitors septic system; applies and prepares various surfaces for paint, enamel, lacquer, varnish, or stain; repairs wall coverings.
- Grounds Maintenance: Maintains grounds in clean and orderly manner including mowing, trimming, weeding, aerating and fertilizing lawns; replaces plants as needed; sets sprinklers; replaces broken sprinkler heads; adjusts automatic time clocks and system pressure if necessary; maintains grounds maintenance equipment; trims tree branches that create hazardous situations; installs and maintains drinking fountains; repairs/replaces hot water heaters.
- Masonry: Lays forms, mixes, pours, and finishes concrete for buildings, sidewalks and slabs.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Director of Maintenance.
Physical Requirements: While performing duties of this job , employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach within hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401k Retirement plan
- Employee E-meal
About us: HOUSTON'S PREMIER, GATED, WATERFRONT, GOLF COMMUNITY. Ideally located along 12.5 miles of Lake Conroe shoreline, our 1,400-acre master-planned community offers one of the most uniquely beautiful backdrops for living in the Houston area. Perfectly positioned between two breathtaking, protected natural environments – the 22,000-acre Lake Conroe and the 160,000-acre Sam Houston National Forest, Bentwater offers a lifestyle that is both relaxed and vibrant. Residents enjoy a resort style life and the convenience of every "creature comfort" just minutes from Bentwater's 24-hour, manned entrance. Anchored by a stately Country Country that boasts 54-holes of championship golf, a 10,000 square foot Fitness Center, Day Spa, Racquet Club, Guest Villas, Yacht Club, Marina and the highly acclaimed, ultra private, all-green Grand Pines Golf Club. Residents and guests of Bentwater enjoy close proximately to world-class dining, shopping, entertainment, outdoor recreation, health care and one of the nation's busiest international travel hubs, Bush Intercontinental Airport. Bentwater's uniquely beautiful natural surroundings and exquisite offering of amenities have also established it as Lake Conroe's premier, waterfront wedding & special event venue