Job Title: Food Runner/Houseman/Busser
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Rate: $6.00 an hour plus allocation of 15% of tip pool
Reports to: F&B Managers
Location: 800 Bentwater Drive, Montgomery, TX 77356
How to apply: Please fill out an application at www.bentwater.com/careers .
The Food Runner/Houseman/Busser will act as a liaison between front and back of house staff and provide food delivery. Responsible to insure excellent service is provided at all times. Assist as wait person or bus person as needed to include running food to Member's tables. The Food Runner/Houseman/ Busser also will provide prompt and efficient service according to Bentwater Yacht & Country Club standards.
- Arrive at scheduled times, neat, alert and in full uniform.
- Responsible for proper set up of "phase".
- Complete knowledge and interpretation of buffet stations for particular service.
- Have thorough knowledge of the restaurant; including menu specials, desserts and any promotions or activities, floor plan, hours of operation, special events and reservations
- Ensures integrity of the menu item such as plating, temperature, condiments and sides.
- Familiarity of table numbers and seat numbers.
- Executes delivery of food from kitchen to tables.
- Ensures alcoholic beverages do not enter or leave your restaurant by guests/ notify manager.
- Must work with a high sense of urgency.
- Clears dishes and glass ware when returning to kitchen. (pre-buss).
- Responsible for 100% utilization of serving tray use.
- Assist servers in set up, clean up and reset of tables during and after shift.
- Performs assigned side work and cleaning duties as assigned by restaurant manager.
- Ability to perform multiple functions in the restaurant on an as-needed basis.
- Keep kitchen area neat and tidy, work with kitchen co-workers to assure appropriate service levels, be able to multi-task in a fast paced detail oriented environment
- Additional duties as assigned by the F&B Managers.
- Reliable, willingness to learn – good attitude with people.
- Personable / outgoing, good with people.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 6 months – 1 year restaurant experience
- Food Handler Certification required within 60 days of employment.
- TABC (Texas Alcohol Beverage Commission) certification preferred
While performing duties of this job, employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach within hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (for full-time employees)
- Paid sick time (for full-time employees)
- Paid vacation time (for full-time employees)
- Paid holidays
- 401k Retirement plan
The Food & Beverage Department at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club is the heart & soul of dining & social activity within the Bentwater community. Along with other primary areas of the Club, the Food & Beverage Department facilitates and promotes the "sense of community" that all Bentwater members are invited to participate in. From daily restaurant operations, to weekly dining & social gatherings, to large annual signature events, to special event catering, the Food & Beverage Department hosts & facilitates all aspects of the Club's dining & social operations and programming.
The Culinary Team, at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club, is led by Certified Master Chef, Olivier Andreini. Employment positions within the Food & Beverage Department's Culinary Team offer the rare opportunity to work and learn under a Certified Master Chef, one of only 68 in the United States.
Providing unparalleled service to our members & guests is both the driving philosophy and defining characteristic for Food & Beverage team members. Comprised of both "front-of-house" and "back-of-house" positions, F&B Team members work in unison with one another to meet and exceed the customer's service expectations. By applying the principles of trust, honesty, respect, integrity and commitment, the Team nurtures and maximizes talent to the benefit of each individual and the company.
Bentwater Yacht & Country Club is always looking for highly motivated individuals with experience working in fast paced, quality driven environments and capable of working within a team that reflects the Club's philosophy of unrivaled customer service.