Food & Beverage Manager
Job Title: Food & Beverage Manager
Job Type: Salary
Reports to: Food & Beverage Director
Location: 800 Bentwater Drive, Montgomery, TX 77356
Job Summary: The Food & Beverage Manager is responsible for all food and beverage service to Members and Guests to ensure satisfaction. The Food & Beverage Manager is also responsible for proper interviewing, hiring, training, and developing of all service employees.
- Interview, hire, train, develop and discipline all service employees using the Club's Employment Process, Training Program, TABC Alcohol Management Program and any other applicable programs.
- Oversee and inspect all food and beverage function in all areas to ensure Member and Guest satisfaction.
- Use the scheduling tools and cost control measures by the Food and Beverage Department to properly manage product, labor and miscellaneous expenses.
- Educate employees so as to maintain the Standards of Operation.
- Conduct line-up of service employees to review the events of the day and featured food and drink items (when applicable). Conduct tool check and uniform inspection.
- Accurately complete month-end inventories.
- Complete and maintain the following reports on a regular basis: Employee Performance Reviews, China / Glass and Silverware Inventories, and Server Table Tests.
- Be proficient with both front and back of the house mechanics of the Point of Sale System so that employees can be properly trained, all sales can be accounted for and any applicable reports can be generated.
- Develop opening and closing reports so that the Club may be properly opened and secured on a daily basis.
- Supervise service in the Crescent Grille and other areas of the club as needed for events.
- Attend and contribute to the regular Food and Beverage Department meeting.
- Diffuse Guest complaints and follow up through proper channels.
- Conduct regular Service Employee meetings.
- Be a role model for employees by consistently maintaining a healthy appearance, positive attitude and professions image.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Power point, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong managerial, organization, and communication skills are required.
- Must be results-oriented and flexible
- Possess a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Some college preferred
- Minimum of 2-3 years of food & beverage experience required
- Minimum of one year as a Supervisor and/or Manager in a food & beverage environment
- TABC (Texas Alcohol Beverage Commission) certification preferred
- CPR certification required within 90 days of employment
While performing duties of this job, employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach within hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The Food & Beverage Department at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club is the heart & soul of dining & social activity within the Bentwater community. Along with other primary areas of the Club, the Food & Beverage Department facilitates and promotes the "sense of community" that all Bentwater members are invited to participate in. From daily restaurant operations, to weekly dining & social gatherings, to large annual signature events, to special event catering, the Food & Beverage Department hosts & facilitates all aspects of the Club's dining & social operations and programming.
The Culinary Team, at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club, is led by Certified Master Chef, Olivier Andreini. Employment positions within the Food & Beverage Department's Culinary Team offer the rare opportunity to work and learn under a Certified Master Chef, one of only 68 in the United States.
Providing unparalleled service to our members & guests is both the driving philosophy and defining characteristic for Food & Beverage team members. Comprised of both "front-of-house" and "back-of-house" positions, F&B Team members work in unison with one another to meet and exceed the customer's service expectations. By applying the principles of trust, honesty, respect, integrity and commitment, the Team nurtures and maximizes talent to the benefit of each individual and the company.
Bentwater Yacht & Country Club is always looking for highly motivated individuals with experience working in fast paced, quality driven environments and capable of working within a team that reflects the Club's philosophy of unrivaled customer service.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (for full-time employees)
- Paid sick time (for full-time employees)
- Paid vacation time (for full-time employees)
- Paid holidays
- 401k Retirement plan