Food Runner/Busser (Full-time/Part-time)
Position: Food Runner/Busser
Part-time ($6.00 an hour plus allocation of 15% of tip pool to hours worked per bi-weekly period. Guaranteed no less than $8.00 an hour )
Full-time ($8.00 an hour plus allocation of 15% of tip pool to hours worked per bi-weekly period. Guaranteed no less than $12.00 an hour.)
Summary of Job:
The Food Runner/Busser will act as a liaison between front and back of house staff and provide food delivery. Responsible to insure excellent service is provided at all times. Assist as wait person or bus person as needed- to include running food to Member’s tables. The Food Runner / Busser also will provide prompt and efficient service according to Bentwater Yacht & Country Club standards.
Experience and Education:
- High school diploma or GED
- Over 16 years of age
- Minimum 6 months – 1 year restaurant experience
- Food Handler Certification required within 60 days of employment.
- TABC (Texas Alcohol Beverage Commission) certification preferred.
- Reliable, willingness to learn – good attitude with people.Personable / outgoing, good with people.
- Arrive at scheduled times, neat, alert and in full uniform.
- Responsible for proper set up of “phase”.
- Complete knowledge and interpretation of buffet stations for particular service.
- Have thorough knowledge of the restaurant; including menu specials, desserts and any promotions or activities, floor plan, hours of operation, special events and reservations
- Ensures integrity of the menu item such as plating, temperature, condiments and sides.
- Familiarity of table numbers and seat numbers.
- Executes delivery of food from kitchen to tables.
- Ensures alcoholic beverages do not enter or leave your restaurant by guests/ notify manager.
- Must work with a high sense of urgency.
- Clears dishes and glass ware when returning to kitchen. (pre-buss).
- Responsible for 100% utilization of serving tray use.
- Assist servers in set up, clean up and reset of tables during and after shift.
- Performs assigned side work and cleaning duties as assigned by restaurant manager.
- Ability to perform multiple functions in the restaurant on an as-needed basis.
- Keep kitchen area neat and tidy, work with kitchen co-workers to assure appropriate service levels, be able to multi-task in a fast paced detail oriented environment
- Additional duties as assigned by the restaurant manager.
- Ability to lift over 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand for long periods of a time.
- Ability to stoop, climb ladder, and bend.