Job Title: Food Runner/Busser
Job Type: Part-time
Pay Rate: $6.00 an hour plus allocation of 15% of tip pool
Reports to: F&B Manager
The Food Runner/Busser will act as a liaison between front and back of house staff and provide food delivery. Responsible to insure excellent service is provided at all times. Assist as wait person or bus person as needed- to include running food to Member's tables. The Food Runner / Busser also will provide prompt and efficient service according to Bentwater Yacht & Country Club standards.
- High school diploma or GED
- Over 16 years of age
- Minimum 6 months – 1 year restaurant experience
- Food Handler Certification required within 60 days of employment.
- TABC (Texas Alcohol Beverage Commission) certification preferred.
- Reliable, willingness to learn – good attitude with people.Personable / outgoing, good with people.
Essential Job Functions:
- Arrive at scheduled times, neat, alert and in full uniform.
- Responsible for proper set up of "phase".
- Complete knowledge and interpretation of buffet stations for particular service.
- Have thorough knowledge of the restaurant; including menu specials, desserts and any promotions or activities, floor plan, hours of operation, special events and reservations
- Ensures integrity of the menu item such as plating, temperature, condiments and sides.
- Familiarity of table numbers and seat numbers.
- Executes delivery of food from kitchen to tables.
- Ensures alcoholic beverages do not enter or leave your restaurant by guests/ notify manager.
- Must work with a high sense of urgency.
- Clears dishes and glass ware when returning to kitchen. (pre-buss).
- Responsible for 100% utilization of serving tray use.
- Assist servers in set up, clean up and reset of tables during and after shift.
- Performs assigned side work and cleaning duties as assigned by restaurant manager.
- Ability to perform multiple functions in the restaurant on an as-needed basis.
- Keep kitchen area neat and tidy, work with kitchen co-workers to assure appropriate service levels, be able to multi-task in a fast paced detail oriented environment
- Additional duties as assigned by the F&BManagers.
Physical Requirements: While performing duties of this job , employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach within hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
About us: HOUSTON'S PREMIER, GATED, WATERFRONT, GOLF COMMUNITY. Ideally located along 12.5 miles of Lake Conroe shoreline, our 1,400-acre master-planned community offers one of the most uniquely beautiful backdrops for living in the Houston area. Perfectly positioned between two breathtaking, protected natural environments – the 22,000-acre Lake Conroe and the 160,000-acre Sam Houston National Forest, Bentwater offers a lifestyle that is both relaxed and vibrant. Residents enjoy a resort style life and the convenience of every "creature comfort" just minutes from Bentwater's 24-hour, manned entrance. Anchored by a stately Country Country that boasts 54-holes of championship golf, a 10,000 square foot Fitness Center, Day Spa, Racquet Club, Guest Villas, Yacht Club, Marina and the highly acclaimed, ultra private, all-green Grand Pines Golf Club. Residents and guests of Bentwater enjoy close proximately to world-class dining, shopping, entertainment, outdoor recreation, health care and one of the nation's busiest international travel hubs, Bush Intercontinental Airport. Bentwater's uniquely beautiful natural surroundings and exquisite offering of amenities have also established it as Lake Conroe's premier, waterfront wedding & special event venue