Food & Beverage Manager (Full-time)
Position: Food & Beverage Manager
Reports to: Director of Food & Beverage
Summary of Job:
The Food and Beverage Manager is responsible for all food and beverage service to Members and Guests to ensure satisfaction. Also, they are responsible for proper interviewing, hiring, training and developing of all service employees.
Experience and Education:
- High school diploma or GED
- Some college preferred
- Minimum 2 – 3 years food & beverage experience
- Minimum one (1) year as a Supervisor and/or Manager in Food & Beverage environment
- TABC (Texas Alcohol Beverage Commission) certification preferred.
- CPR certification required within 90 days of employment
- Computer knowledge
- Must have high quality standards
- Good People / communication skills
- Budget/ management experience
- Be patient and self-motivated
- Team player
- Have desire and ability for advancement.
- Because of the fluctuating demands of this operation, it may be necessary that each Employee perform a multitude of different functions; therefore, as an essential part of your job, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other Employee are expected to help you. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed or as directed.
- Adhere to all of the various written mandatory standards of operation, policies and procedures, manual, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up the essential functions of the job.
- Interview, hire, train, develop and discipline all service Employees using the Club’s Employment Process, Training Program, TABC Alcohol Management Program and any other applicable programs.
- Oversee and inspect all food and beverage function in all areas to ensure Member and Guest satisfaction.
- Use the scheduling tools and cost control measures by the Food and Beverage Department to properly manage product, labor and miscellaneous expenses.
- Educate Employees so as to maintain the Standards of Operation.
- Conduct line-up of service Employees to review the events of the day and featured food and drink items (when applicable). Conduct tool check and uniform inspection.
- Accurately complete month-end inventories.
- Complete and maintain the following reports on a regular basis: Employee Performance Reviews, China / Glass and Silverware Inventories, and Server Table Tests.
- Be proficient with both front and back of the house mechanics of the Point of Sale System so that Employees can be properly trained, all sales can be accounted for and any applicable reports can be generated.
- Develop opening and closing reports so that the Club may be properly opened and secured on a daily basis.
- Supervise service in the Crescent Grill, the Clubhouse main dining room and the Yacht Club.
- Attend and contribute to the regular Food and Beverage Department meeting.
- Diffuse Guest complaints and follow up through proper channels.
- Conduct regular Service Employee meetings.
- Be a role model for Employees by consistently maintaining a healthy appearance, positive attitude and professions image.
- Work with the Maintenance Department to ensure that the maintenance of the Club reflects the respective standards.
- Responsible for keeping the Club neat and organize prior to leaving the shift.
- Keep abreast of the schedule to ensure that the correct number of servers is scheduled for the day’s business events.
- Other duties assigned by Food and Beverage Director.
- Ability to lift over 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand for long periods of a time.
- Ability to stoop, climb ladder, and bend.