Job Title: Event Coordinator
Job Type: Salary
Pay Rate: $40,000 + commission
Reports to: Catering Manager
Location: 800 Bentwater Drive, Montgomery, TX 77356
How to apply: Please fill out an application at www.bentwater.com/careers .
The Event Coordinator is responsible for achieving annual catering sales goals and profit. Responsible for coordinating and planning weddings, rehearsal dinners, and golf outings. Through both direct and indirect sales, promotes and sells the club's facilities for private banquets, business and social meetings as well as other member related activities. Obtains signed contracts, types BEOS, and ensures all operational aspects are communicated to the banquet team and any other related area for successful events.
- Publicizes the catering department by working with the Catering Manager and developing and placing advertisements; inviting event planners to review the property; contacting local, regional, and national magazines with feature ideas; encouraging local businesses to hold social events at the property.
- Positions club to participate in regional trade shows as a presenter or exhibitor. This includes creating the "wow" factor and promotion campaign to attract potential business.
- Conducting outside sales call, telephone solicitation and site inspection to build relationships and aggressively target the market. Conducts account and market research and use to develop strategies to grow market share in specific segment.
- Achieves catering operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Avoids legal challenges by conforming to the regulations of the alcoholic beverage commission.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations; securing revenues; developing and implementing bridal show plans and lead generation and management of the leads.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.(NACE)
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Conduct tours of the property including but not limited to the yacht club, the country club, the sports club, and the villas.
- Comprehensive documentation of all communications and meeting with the clients. Authorized signatures on each page of each BEO with any amended contract charges.
- Be present and at each BEO meeting.
- Conducts account and market research and use to develop strategies to grow market share in specific segment.
- Establishes relationships with vendors and event specialist necessary for wedding and event orchestration. Maintains listing of approved vendors; reviews and approves alternate vendors prior to use by club.
- Participate in business and industry related clubs and organizations
- Entertaining clients on and off site, representing Bentwater in a professional manner while adhering to company policy & procedures in doing so.
- Proposals and contracts: Drafts, proposals, and presents them to the client. Once the client is satisfied with all aspects of the proposal, the Event Coordinator prepares the contracts for the client to sign and receives the required deposit. Any changes to the initial agreements must be orchestrated with a change order, adequate additional expenses and gather signatures.
- Communications: Communicates all the client's wishes, timeline, menu, pricing, room set- up requirements, payment instructions and all other details via the Banquet Event Order (BEO) and review those details in the weekly BEO meeting with all operational teams.
- Acts as liaison between the club and the client/ member during the coordination of event and during the execution of service during their function as needed. Communicates all information necessary to the right people at the right time.
- Maintains a monthly PACE report that shows sales and booking activity that includes, telephone calls made, e-mails sent, appointments booked, leads by month, bookings by month, twelve month rolling actual and projected sales.
- Performs job responsibilities in adherence to company standards and procedures.
- Maintains professional attire and personal hygiene at all time.
- Maintains a neat and orderly office area at all time.
- Follows all safety, security and emergency policies at all times.
- Keeps accurate communication following freely between all departments.
- Attends all training classes as required by management including Jonas, TABC, CPR/AED, Event Coordination etc.
- Performs all reasonable requests as directed or assigned by Senior Management.
- Adheres to BWYCC mission statement and core values.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Preferred experience with Jonas Club Software.
- Strong negotiating and prospecting skills.
- Aggressive self-starter with excellent organizational skills, presentation, customer service and communication skills (both oral and written communication).
- Detailed oriented, phone etiquette, oral and written communication. Personable/outgoing, good with people.
Education and Experience:
- College Degree required.
- Club experience preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in event planning or catering
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (for full-time employees)
- Paid sick time (for full-time employees)
- Paid vacation time (for full-time employees)
- Paid holidays
- 401k Retirement plan
While performing duties of this job, employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach within hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The Food & Beverage Department at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club is the heart & soul of dining & social activity within the Bentwater community. Along with other primary areas of the Club, the Food & Beverage Department facilitates and promotes the "sense of community" that all Bentwater members are invited to participate in. From daily restaurant operations, to weekly dining & social gatherings, to large annual signature events, to special event catering, the Food & Beverage Department hosts & facilitates all aspects of the Club's dining & social operations and programming.
The Culinary Team, at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club, is led by Certified Master Chef, Olivier Andreini. Employment positions within the Food & Beverage Department's Culinary Team offer the rare opportunity to work and learn under a Certified Master Chef, one of only 68 in the United States.
Providing unparalleled service to our members & guests is both the driving philosophy and defining characteristic for Food & Beverage team members. Comprised of both "front-of-house" and "back-of-house" positions, F&B Team members work in unison with one another to meet and exceed the customer's service expectations. By applying the principles of trust, honesty, respect, integrity and commitment, the Team nurtures and maximizes talent to the benefit of each individual and the company.
Bentwater Yacht & Country Club is always looking for highly motivated individuals with experience working in fast paced, quality driven environments and capable of working within a team that reflects the Club's philosophy of unrivaled customer service.