Job Title: Dishwasher
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Rate: $10.00/hr
Reports to: Master Chef
The Dishwasher is responsible for washing dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, or pans, using dishwashers or by hand. Also, placing clean dishes, utensils, or cooking equipment in storage areas. Dishwasher is to maintain kitchen work areas, equipment, or utensils in clean and orderly condition.
- Dishwasher experience preferred
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Excellent critical thinking and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work fast, effectively, and stay focus under pressure
Essential Job Functions:
- Sort and rinse dirty dishes, glass, tableware and other cooking utensils and place them in racks to send through dish machine.
- Dry, sort and stack clean dishes. Carry clean dishes to cook's line and other proper storage areas. Rewash soiled dishes before delivering.
- Change dishwater in dish machine every hour.
- Check soap daily
- Wash pots, pans and trays by hand.
- Remove trash and garbage to dumpster.
- Break down boxes.
- Fill/empty soaks tubs with cleaning/sanitizing solutions.
- Sweep/mop floors.
- Set up or break down dishwashing area
- Assemble/disassemble dish machine.
- Sweep up trash around exterior of restaurant and garbage dumpster and water plants
- Conduct general kitchen cleaning as directed.
- Wipe up any spills to ensure kitchen floors remain dry.
- Notify manager any time dish machine wash or rinse cycle falls below safety standard temperatures.
- Do not touch dirty dishes before touching clean dishes without washing hands first.
- Other duties as directed. (Cleaning of kitchen appliances & equipment etc.…..)
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, hear, and use hands to handle items. Employee may occasionally lift and/or up to 50 pounds.
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401k Retirement plan
- Employee E-meal
About us: HOUSTON'S PREMIER, GATED, WATERFRONT, GOLF COMMUNITY. Ideally located along 12.5 miles of Lake Conroe shoreline, our 1,400-acre master-planned community offers one of the most uniquely beautiful backdrops for living in the Houston area. Perfectly positioned between two breathtaking, protected natural environments – the 22,000-acre Lake Conroe and the 160,000-acre Sam Houston National Forest, Bentwater offers a lifestyle that is both relaxed and vibrant. Residents enjoy a resort style life and the convenience of every "creature comfort" just minutes from Bentwater's 24-hour, manned entrance. Anchored by a stately Country Country that boasts 54-holes of championship golf, a 10,000 square foot Fitness Center, Day Spa, Racquet Club, Guest Villas, Yacht Club, Marina and the highly acclaimed, ultra private, all-green Grand Pines Golf Club. Residents and guests of Bentwater enjoy close proximately to world-class dining, shopping, entertainment, outdoor recreation, health care and one of the nation's busiest international travel hubs, Bush Intercontinental Airport. Bentwater's uniquely beautiful natural surroundings and exquisite offering of amenities have also established it as Lake Conroe's premier, waterfront wedding & special event venue.