Job Title: Bartender
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Rate: $6.00/hr plus tips
Reports to: F&B Manager
Job Overview: The Bartender is responsible for providing prompt and efficient service according to Bentwater Yacht & Country Club standards. The Bartender is responsible for filling drink orders for guests, answering questions about drink ingredients and making suggestions for different types of beverages and cocktails.
- 1-2 year previous bartending experience preferred
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Fluent in English
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of alcohol and wine and the confidence to serve such items properly
- Enforce proper pouring procedures in bar operation
- Ensure proper beer, liquor and wine costs stay within budgeted guidelines
- Take accurate inventories at month end
- Monitor and maintain par levels
- Have thorough knowledge of the restaurant; including menu specials, and desserts.
- Maintain techniques for up-selling programs
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Work varied shifts, including weekends, holidays and special events
- TABC (Texas Alcohol Beverage Commission) certification must be completed within 30 days of start date
- Basic computer knowledge
- Food Handler's Certificate in accordance with Texas Requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
- Arrive at scheduled times, neat, alert and in full uniform.
- Responsible for ensuring those alcoholic beverages are not dispensed to people under the age of 21.
- Monitor the alcohol intake of guests.
- Take payment for beverages utilizing prescribed cash procedures.
- Recognize and resolves guest complaints and concerns
- Maintain beverage quality and service standards for location.
- Performs bar opening and closing procedures; contributes to overall cleanliness and organization of The Club.
- Ensures a pleasant visit for each member or guest; maintains effective member relations.
- Keep bar area neat and tidy, work with bar/ kitchen co-workers to assure appropriate service levels, be able to multi-task in a fast paced detail oriented environment.
- Flawlessly and gracefully assist service staff in running food, water service, pre-bussing tables, and marking courses.
- Have familiarity of table numbers and seat numbers
- Clear dishes and glass ware when returning to kitchen.
- Responsible for 100% utilization of serving tray use.
- Assist servers in set up, clean up and reset of tables during and after shift.
- Follow all procedures and policies set forth by the company, club, and department.
- Adhere to all health and safety regulations.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned work areas.
- Complete duties such as setting up work stations with required supplies and equipment, inspecting their cleanliness and working condition, and establishing priority items for the day.
- Available to works nights, weekends and holidays, special events.
- Additional duties as assigned by the F&B Manager
- Maintain accurate cash drawer throughout the day/night and be able to account for any discrepancies.
- Develop an efficient work pace that keeps the Guests at the bar and in the dining room satisfied at all times
Physical Requirements: While performing duties of this job , employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach within hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401k Retirement plan
- Employee E-meal
About us: HOUSTON'S PREMIER, GATED, WATERFRONT, GOLF COMMUNITY. Ideally located along 12.5 miles of Lake Conroe shoreline, our 1,400-acre master-planned community offers one of the most uniquely beautiful backdrops for living in the Houston area. Perfectly positioned between two breathtaking, protected natural environments – the 22,000-acre Lake Conroe and the 160,000-acre Sam Houston National Forest, Bentwater offers a lifestyle that is both relaxed and vibrant. Residents enjoy a resort style life and the convenience of every "creature comfort" just minutes from Bentwater's 24-hour, manned entrance. Anchored by a stately Country Country that boasts 54-holes of championship golf, a 10,000 square foot Fitness Center, Day Spa, Racquet Club, Guest Villas, Yacht Club, Marina and the highly acclaimed, ultra private, all-green Grand Pines Golf Club. Residents and guests of Bentwater enjoy close proximately to world-class dining, shopping, entertainment, outdoor recreation, health care and one of the nation's busiest international travel hubs, Bush Intercontinental Airport. Bentwater's uniquely beautiful natural surroundings and exquisite offering of amenities have also established it as Lake Conroe's premier, waterfront wedding & special event venue