Job Title: Banquet Manager
Job Type: Salary
Reports to: Clubhouse Manager
Location: 800 Bentwater Drive, Montgomery, TX 77356
The Banquet Manager is responsible for supervising Banquet Service functions throughout the club for all member events, private parties, and meetings/conventions. The Banquet Manager is also responsible for directing banquet staff, ensuring the members' and guests' expectations are met and in charge of all banquet/event setup and tear down.
- Responsible for the timely execution and service for all Member Events and Banquet functions.
- Assists the Clubhouse Manager in scheduling staffing requirements for each event, and ensuring that no un-authorized labor costs are incurred.
- Inspect and perform quality checks for every event prior to the scheduled start time of the event.
- Hold pre-function meetings with all banquet staff to communicate all planned details, and last minute changes as outlined on the Banquet Event Order (BEO).
- Assign server stations and side work to Banquet Servers; assigns weekly side work to Banquet Captains.
- Serves as liaison between Banquet Staff, Catering Staff, and Culinary Staff.
- Responsible for the timely communication to the culinary staff of event attendance, event timing, and event changes as they occur.
- Oversee all banquet/event setup which includes ensuring tear down of events and preparation for the next event.
- Supervise Banquet Captains to ensure all functions are set up in accordance to the BEO and banquet set up standards, and ready for use in a timely manner.
- Ensures that all banquet staff are in their prescribed, clean, and pressed uniform, well-groomed per the club's dress code.
- Performs a regular maintenance review of all function space(s) areas by performing walkthroughs, writing maintenance requests, and following up that all maintenance requests are completed.
- Regularly inspects all front and back of the house service areas and equipment to assure that sanitation, safety, energy management, preventative maintenance, and other standards are met.
- Responsible for the monthly inventory of all banquet service equipment, linens and supplies to meet required needs.
- Enforces the service standards for all banquet events, meetings and related operations including innovative and creative food and beverage/bar displays.
- Accepts member/guest complaints and works with Clubhouse Manager and Catering Manager to provide a solution in a timely and professional manner.
- Handles employee concerns, promotes a positive work environment, and promotes a positive team atmosphere with other Banquet Staff and all other management and staff.
- Assists Clubhouse Manager with employee reviews.
- Finalizes BEO's on a daily basis with all necessary billing information for the Accounting department.
- Continues to acquire knowledge of the latest trends of special events and service by studying trade publications, and attending seminars.
- Initiates new policies and procedures where appropriate to further improve the department.
- Helps to set and meet departmental goals as set by the Banquet management team.
- Assists the Clubhouse Manager with the ongoing training and coaching of all of the banquet staff as required.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Clubhouse Manager.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Power point, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong managerial, organization, and communication skills are required.
- Must be results-oriented and flexible
- Ability to find a balance between the business requirements and meeting client requests.
- Possess a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required
- College degree preferred
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in food & beverage.
- Must have a minimum of 2-3 years of experience as an Event Supervisor and/or Manager in a Food & Beverage environment.
- TABC(Texas Alcohol Beverage Commission) certification preferred
- CPR certification must be completed within 90 days of employment
While performing duties of this job, employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach within hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The Food & Beverage Department at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club is the heart & soul of dining & social activity within the Bentwater community. Along with other primary areas of the Club, the Food & Beverage Department facilitates and promotes the "sense of community" that all Bentwater members are invited to participate in. From daily restaurant operations, to weekly dining & social gatherings, to large annual signature events, to special event catering, the Food & Beverage Department hosts & facilitates all aspects of the Club's dining & social operations and programming.
The Culinary Team, at Bentwater Yacht & Country Club, is led by Certified Master Chef, Olivier Andreini. Employment positions within the Food & Beverage Department's Culinary Team offer the rare opportunity to work and learn under a Certified Master Chef, one of only 68 in the United States.
Providing unparalleled service to our members & guests is both the driving philosophy and defining characteristic for Food & Beverage team members. Comprised of both "front-of-house" and "back-of-house" positions, F&B Team members work in unison with one another to meet and exceed the customer's service expectations. By applying the principles of trust, honesty, respect, integrity and commitment, the Team nurtures and maximizes talent to the benefit of each individual and the company.
Bentwater Yacht & Country Club is always looking for highly motivated individuals with experience working in fast paced, quality driven environments and capable of working within a team that reflects the Club's philosophy of unrivaled customer service.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (for full-time employees)
- Paid sick time (for full-time employees)
- Paid vacation time (for full-time employees)
- Paid holidays
- 401k Retirement plan