Job Title: Banquet Captain
Job Type: Part-time
Job Overview: The Banquet Captain requires good interpersonal skills, the ability to work in a team environment, and interact with members and guests. The Banquet Captain is in charge of all banquet/event setup and tear down and must execute events and directing staff for events.
- High school diploma or GED
- Some banquet experience preferred
- On the job training provided upon employment
- TABC (Texas Alcohol Beverage Commission) certification required 90 days from start date
- Able to set up and work sound system, projectors and all restaurant equipment
- Reliable, willingness to learn – good attitude with people.Personable / outgoing, good with people.
- Flexible and able to think on their feet.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare banquet room for the function as required by BEO
- Draw diagrams to coordinate with BEO's
- Set up timeline for service of events
- Instruct staff on expectations and responsibilities for each event
- Work with F&B Managers to insure that the event is run properly
- Take care of any special needs for members and guest during the events
- Tear down event and prepare for next event.
- Keep all banquet equipment and supplies in working order
- Inventory and order supplies with Service Captains for upcoming events
- Plan ahead according to Catering schedule for extra equipment rentals or purchases.
- Properly sets tables and related furniture for special functions
- Wipes and polish silverware
- Set up, deliver and retrieve breaks
- Cleans all areas that were used for special function upon completion and perform any additional areas as necessary
- Performs opening and closing side work as needed and directs staff to do the same
- Maintains storage room of supplies in an orderly fashion
- Performs all job duties in a safe manner and follow all company safety policies and procedures
- Adhere to BWYCC mission statement and core values
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures in place
- Performs other duties as directed by Supervisor.
Physical Requirements: While performing duties of this job , employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach within hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
About us: HOUSTON'S PREMIER, GATED, WATERFRONT, GOLF COMMUNITY. Ideally located along 12.5 miles of Lake Conroe shoreline, our 1,400-acre master-planned community offers one of the most uniquely beautiful backdrops for living in the Houston area. Perfectly positioned between two breathtaking, protected natural environments – the 22,000-acre Lake Conroe and the 160,000-acre Sam Houston National Forest, Bentwater offers a lifestyle that is both relaxed and vibrant. Residents enjoy a resort style life and the convenience of every "creature comfort" just minutes from Bentwater's 24-hour, manned entrance. Anchored by a stately Country Country that boasts 54-holes of championship golf, a 10,000 square foot Fitness Center, Day Spa, Racquet Club, Guest Villas, Yacht Club, Marina and the highly acclaimed, ultra private, all-green Grand Pines Golf Club. Residents and guests of Bentwater enjoy close proximately to world-class dining, shopping, entertainment, outdoor recreation, health care and one of the nation's busiest international travel hubs, Bush Intercontinental Airport. Bentwater's uniquely beautiful natural surroundings and exquisite offering of amenities have also established it as Lake Conroe's premier, waterfront wedding & special event venue