Assistant Marina Manager
Job Title: Assistant Marina Manager
Job Type: Salary
Reports to: Harbormaster
Location: 800 Bentwater Drive, Montgomery, TX 77356
How to apply: Please fill out an application at www.bentwater.com/careers.
The Assistant Marina Manager is responsible for assisting the Harbormaster in maintaining and operating all aspects of Bentwater Country Club's Marina. The Assistant Marina Manager is primarily responsible for the ship store and all service related to the store.
- Assist Harbormaster in supervising employees, completing payroll, and setting and monitoring employee's work schedules.
- Responds to any urgent issues in a time sensitive manner and relay concerns and requests to the Harbormaster.
- Order and receive merchandise for ship store.
- Order, stock, and maintain inventory levels for boat repairs and dock maintenance.
- Code invoices and handles monthly inventory.
- Receive and schedule all boat services.
- Ensure all contracts are in order.
- Book and charge for slips.
- Maintain cleanliness in the ship store.
- Promote monthly special events/activities in and around the Marina.
- Provide exceptional customer service to members, vendors, and guests.
- Ensure docks, equipment, and facilities are operational at all times.
- Follows all safety procedures and maintains a safe and secure environment throughout the building/property(s).
- Develop working knowledge of industry regulations, restrictions, and laws, and ensures Marina department adheres to all regulations
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Some knowledge of point of sale system.
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to perform with considerable independence and initiative.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with members, staff and vendors.
Education and Experience:
- College degree required
- Experience in private club or marina environment preferred.
While performing duties of this job, employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach within hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Employee must be able to work in outdoor conditions.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (for full-time employees)
- Paid sick time (for full-time employees)
- Paid vacation time (for full-time employees)
- Paid holidays
- 401k Retirement plan