Assistant Golf Professional (Full-time)
Position: Assistant Golf Professional
Pay Rate: $11/hr
Summary of Job
The position will assist with the management of daily golf operations including managing and tracking play, protecting and controlling assets, supervising outside staff, assisting with all merchandising functions, managing tournaments, teaching lessons, and providing other professional services to ensure an exceptional golf experience for our members and guests.
Experience and Education
- High School Diploma or GED
- College Degree Preferred
- Position can be trained on the job upon employment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient understanding of the GHIN System and TPP.
- Knowledge of JONAS or comparable POS software
- PGA Class A member
- Understand and ensure the clubs’ policies & procedures, rules & regulations & bylaws are being adhered to on a daily basis by staff, members and guests
- You will report directly to the Director of Golf
- Supervise and manage the total golf operations in a professional and efficient manner in the absence of the Director of Golf & Head Golf Professional.
- Control and manage play; ensure member and guest check-in and fee collection in coordination with the starter.
- Provide excellent customer services, professional advice and assistance to all Patrons.
- Maintain a clean and neat golf shop, front counter and surrounding areas
- Responsible for taking reservations and registering players in a professional manner
- Understand the golf course maintenance program and develop into an effective marshal and starter as your visibility reflects the adherence of club rules & regulations
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner protecting the image of Bentwater Yacht & Country Club at all times
- Maintain a clean and neat appearance at all times while on duty and adhere to the dress codes presented by the Director of Golf
- Manage the total operation of the practice facility
- Provide golf instruction and clinics that is consistent with instructional methods, policies and procedures
- Supervise, schedule and train golf shop personnel as directed by the Director of Golf
- Assist in the purchasing, receipt, display, inventory, control, promotion and sales of merchandise.
- Manage the club repair business
- Be informed on, and promote all club activities and services
- Manage the handicap program
- Assist in planning and budgeting for the golf operations
- Assist in managing tournaments and outings
- And any other duties assigned by the Director of Golf or Head Professional
- Ability to lift over 25 pounds