AM Sous Chef
Job Title: AM Sous Chef
Job Type: Full-time
Reports to: Master Chef
Job Overview: The AM Sous-Chef responsibility is the preparation and cooking to proper doneness, of all items from the a la carte stations as they appear on the menu. Also performs other necessary duties as requested by Master Chef.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 3 – 5 Years related experience
- Serve SAFE certified preferred
- Possesses technical skills needed to fulfill required job duties. Shows active interest in self improvement
- Exhibits professional attitude toward superiors, colleagues and work
- Well organized, ability to work under pressure, good oral & verbal communication.
- Good people skills, culinary knowledge.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead line cook: pulls tickets, calls when to fire food items, and organizes food so that food on the same ticket is completed at the same time. Works griddle and sometimes sauté.
- Produces correct amount of mise en place for daily use, by using recipe cards and production sheets, with as little waste of time or product possible.
- Prepares all foods to proper doneness and seasons correctly checks with executive Chef for any special items needed for that meal period, produces correct amount so that time and materials are not wasted.
- Assists with preparation of other food products on serving line as well as banquets.
- Properly assembles all tools and utensils needed to accomplish job duties.
- Make sure all line-cooks are prepared.
- Exhibits ability to prioritize work and ensure immediate needs are met. Understands and shows commitment to teamwork, knowing when to ask or offer help to or from colleagues.
- Understands and follows sanitation practices. Properly cools and stores all foods. Keeps station and coolers clean and neat during shift and makes sure sanitation is clean and neat for oncoming shift.
- Exhibits and uses proper personal hygiene, dresses professionally wearing the proper footwear. Keeps cuts, abrasions and sores covered. Uses protective gloves when necessary.
- Prepare items as assigned on daily production board.
- Return unused food products to proper storage areas.
- Keeps mise en place carts in clean and organized way at all times.
- Keeps walk-in coolers, shelf and reach-in cooler clean and organized at all times.
- Make sure all items are wrapped, dated, labeled and stored in proper fashion.
- Clean work station and equipment.
- Set up station as per AM/PM set up chart.
- Maintains safety and security in work station and cleans work station and equipment.
- Has complete knowledge of all items on menu and daily specials, how to cook, plate presentations and portion size.
- Preparation of daily soups of the day.
- Notifies Executive Chef or Sous Chefs of expected product shortages.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Flexible hours !!
Physical Requirements: While performing duties of this job , employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach within hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401k Retirement plan
- Employee E-meal
About us: HOUSTON'S PREMIER, GATED, WATERFRONT, GOLF COMMUNITY. Ideally located along 12.5 miles of Lake Conroe shoreline, our 1,400-acre master-planned community offers one of the most uniquely beautiful backdrops for living in the Houston area. Perfectly positioned between two breathtaking, protected natural environments – the 22,000-acre Lake Conroe and the 160,000-acre Sam Houston National Forest, Bentwater offers a lifestyle that is both relaxed and vibrant. Residents enjoy a resort style life and the convenience of every "creature comfort" just minutes from Bentwater's 24-hour, manned entrance. Anchored by a stately Country Country that boasts 54-holes of championship golf, a 10,000 square foot Fitness Center, Day Spa, Racquet Club, Guest Villas, Yacht Club, Marina and the highly acclaimed, ultra private, all-green Grand Pines Golf Club. Residents and guests of Bentwater enjoy close proximately to world-class dining, shopping, entertainment, outdoor recreation, health care and one of the nation's busiest international travel hubs, Bush Intercontinental Airport. Bentwater's uniquely beautiful natural surroundings and exquisite offering of amenities have also established it as Lake Conroe's premier, waterfront wedding & special event venue